Tres Leches Cupcakes
The traditional Latin Tres Leches cake is transformed into delicious cupcakes in this Tres Leches Cupcake recipe. This classic dessert is great addition to a Cinco de Mayo celebration or a summer barbecue.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 6 large eggs, at room temperature, separated
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- TRES LECHES SAUCE
- 1 can (14 ounces) NESTLÉ CARNATION Sweetened Condensed Milk or NESTLÉ LA LECHERA Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2/3 cup (5 fluid-ounce can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup coconut milk or heavy cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Toasted coconut (optional)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
SIFT flour, baking powder and salt into medium bowl.
BEAT egg whites in large mixer bowl until soft peaks form. With mixer on, gradually beat in sugar. Beat in egg yolks one at a time, beating well after each addition. Alternately beat in flour mixture with milk, starting and ending with the flour mixture. Beat in vanilla extract.
SPOON batter into prepared cupcake tins, filling only 1/2 full (be sure to not overfill or the tres leches sauce will overflow).
BAKE for 15 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cupcake comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. While cupcakes are cooling, make tres leches sauce.
FOR TRES LECHES SAUCE:
WHISK together all but 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk and coconut milk in a large glass measuring cup. Using a wooden pick, skewer or fork, poke holes in the cupcakes, penetrating to the bottom of the liner. One tablespoon at a time, spoon tres leches sauce over each cupcake. After it soaks in, add a little more. Each cupcake should hold about 3 tablespoons sauce. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours. Cupcakes can be refrigerated overnight.
BEAT cream in small mixer bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold in remaining 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk. Right before serving the cupcakes, add a dollop of whipped cream over each cupcake. Sprinkle with toasted coconut.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/32 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 170
- Calories from Fat: 60
- Total Fat: 7g (10% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 4.5g (22% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 55mg (18% of DV)
- Sodium: 135mg (6% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 23g (8% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 0g (0% of DV)
- Sugars: 17g
- Protein: 4g
- Vitamin A: 4% of DV
- Vitamin C: 0% of DV
- Calcium: 8% of DV
- Iron: 4% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.