Tuna Canapés are an elegant appetizer that add festive flair to any occasion. Chopped tomato and onion contribute deeper flavors to this colorful treat.
- 3 cans (6 oz. each) solid white tuna packed in water, drained
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup NESTLÉ Media Crema
- 1 cup thinly sliced iceberg lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 loaf (26.45 oz.) BIMBO Double Fiber Bread, end slices (heels) discarded
- Lettuce leaves
COMBINE tuna, mayonnaise and media crema in medium bowl, stirring to break up tuna. Stir in sliced lettuce, tomato, onion, salt and pepper.
CUT crusts from bread slices; discard. Place 4 slices of bread in a large square shape, overlapping edges slightly. Press down lightly to seal overlapping edges. Spread 1/2 cup tuna filling over bread; roll up. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Repeat with remaining bread and filling.
REMOVE from plastic wrap and cut into 1-inch-thick slices. Serve over lettuce leaves.