Turkey Spinach Salad with Currant Dressing
This mix of fruit, spinach and turkey is irresistible in this Turkey Spinach Salad with Currant Dressing.
- 1/4 cup red currant jelly
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 8 cups torn fresh spinach leaves
- 8 ounces smoked turkey breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup strawberries, halved
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin orange sections, drained
- 2 green onions, sliced
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
COMBINE spinach, turkey, strawberries, oranges and green onions in large bowl. Drizzle dressing over spinach mixture; toss well to coat.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Looks good. Tastes great!
A wonderful salad for a hot summer's day. I've used it a couple of times. Works well with chicken, too (tried it once with Shrimp but that turned out to be a no-no; Bar-B-Qing? Leave out the meat altogether). Other variations I have tried: intead of Spinich leaves, use Romaine lettuce. Add cheese (we particularly like Swiss with this recipe). It's all in the dressing, and this dressing is SUPERB!
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 157
- Calories from Fat: 8
- Total Fat: 1g (1% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 0g (0% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 25mg (8% of DV)
- Sodium: 655mg (27% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 28g (9% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 3g (12% of DV)
- Sugars: 19g
- Protein: 13g
- Vitamin A: 127% of DV
- Vitamin C: 110% of DV
- Calcium: 8% of DV
- Iron: 14% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.