This mix of fruit, spinach and turkey is irresistible in this Turkey Spinach Salad with Currant Dressing.
- 1/4 cup red currant jelly
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 8 cups torn fresh spinach leaves
- 8 ounces smoked turkey breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup strawberries, halved
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin orange sections, drained
- 2 green onions, sliced
COMBINE jelly and vinegar in small saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, for 1 to 2 minutes or until jelly is melted and smooth. Transfer to small bowl. Chill in freezer for 10 minutes.
COMBINE spinach, turkey, strawberries, oranges and green onions in large bowl. Drizzle dressing over spinach mixture; toss well to coat.
Review This Recipe
Looks good. Tastes great!
A wonderful salad for a hot summer's day. I've used it a couple of times. Works well with chicken, too (tried it once with Shrimp but that turned out to be a no-no; Bar-B-Qing? Leave out the meat altogether). Other variations I have tried: intead of Spinich leaves, use Romaine lettuce. Add cheese (we particularly like Swiss with this recipe). It's all in the dressing, and this dressing is SUPERB!