Turkey Veggie Tetrazzini is a hearty combination of colorful Italian-style vegetables, turkey and whole-wheat spaghetti mixed with a creamy sauce. This updated classic is an easy, yet delicious crowd pleaser.
- 8 oz. dry whole-wheat spaghetti
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) frozen Italian-style vegetable blend (broccoli, red peppers, mushrooms and onions)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 can (14.5 fl. oz.) reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 3/4 cup (2.25 oz.) shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 cups cooked, chopped turkey breast meat
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Lightly grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
PREPARE pasta according to package directions, adding frozen vegetables to boiling pasta water for last minute of cooking time; drain. Return pasta and vegetables to cooking pot.
MEANWHILE, HEAT oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper; cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Remove from heat; gradually stir in broth. Return to heat; bring to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Stir in evaporated milk and 1/2 cup cheese; cook over low heat until cheese melts. Remove from heat. Stir in turkey.
POUR cheese sauce over pasta and vegetables; mix lightly. Pour into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve immediately.
Review This Recipe
Great Healthy Dish
I love cooking veggies and meat all in one dish and this is one of the best. It is easy to cook, healthy and tasty. I also substitute what I have on hand for the vegetables. What a versatile dish!
Read More Reviews