Turkey and White Bean Stew is a perfect way to use up any leftover turkey. This flavorful stew is perfect for lunch or dinner and is ready in less than 20 mins.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 3 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) cannellini or other white beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine (optional)
- 1 teaspoon MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 2 cups shredded, cooked turkey
- 2/3 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
HEAT oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and celery; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until just tender. Stir in garlic; cook for 30 seconds.
ADD half of beans to saucepan; mash with fork. Stir in remaining beans, water, wine and bouillon. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in turkey and evaporated milk. Cook for 3 minutes or until heated through. Stir in parsley. Season with ground black pepper, if desired.
Review This Recipe
I made this today and it is very good. I added a little barley flour to thicken it up and it had great flavor and my husband liked it also. He came late for dinner and liked it cold!!
THANK YOU FOR A NEW TURKEY SOUP RECIPE, JUST IN TIME FOR THANKSGIVING LEFT OVERS. THIS IS A DELICIOUS CHANGE FROM THE SAME OLD TURKEY VEGETABLE SOUP OR TURKEY NOODLE SOUP! I HAVE TRIED IT ALREADY, MAKING A SMALL AMOUNT, JUST TO TRY IT OUT. IT IS WONDERFUL! I CAN'T WAIT TO MAKE THAT BIG POT OF TURKEY AND WHITE BEAN SOUP AFTER WE HAVE ENJOYED OUR THANKSGIVING TURKEY. THIS RECIPE WILL BE ANOTHER THING TO BE THANKFUL FOR. THANKS!