Turkey and White Bean Stew is a perfect way to use up any leftover turkey. With a combination of shredded turkey and white beans, this flavorful stew is perfect for lunch or dinner and is ready in less than 20 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 3 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) cannellini or other white beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine (optional)
- 1 teaspoon MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 2 cups shredded, cooked turkey
- 2/3 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
HEAT oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and celery; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until just tender. Stir in garlic; cook for 30 seconds.
ADD half of beans to saucepan; mash with fork. Stir in remaining beans, water, wine and bouillon. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in turkey and evaporated milk. Cook for 3 minutes or until heated through. Stir in parsley. Season with ground black pepper, if desired.
Review This Recipe
THANK YOU FOR A NEW TURKEY SOUP RECIPE, JUST IN TIME FOR THANKSGIVING LEFT OVERS. THIS IS A DELICIOUS CHANGE FROM THE SAME OLD TURKEY VEGETABLE SOUP OR TURKEY NOODLE SOUP! I HAVE TRIED IT ALREADY, MAKING A SMALL AMOUNT, JUST TO TRY IT OUT. IT IS WONDERFUL! I CAN'T WAIT TO MAKE THAT BIG POT OF TURKEY AND WHITE BEAN SOUP AFTER WE HAVE ENJOYED OUR THANKSGIVING TURKEY. THIS RECIPE WILL BE ANOTHER THING TO BE THANKFUL FOR. THANKS!
Read More Reviews