A bowl of this incredible Tuscan-Style Sausage and White Bean Soup makes a great evening meal. The cannellini beans provide its wonderful texture. To enjoy its true Italian flavor, drizzle it with some olive oil and serve it warm.
- 1/2 to 1 lb. mild Italian sausage, casings removed, cooked, drained and crumbled
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 can (14.5 fl. oz.) chicken broth
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) cannellini (white kidney) beans, undrained
- Ground black pepper
MELT butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 to 2 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in flour. Gradually stir in evaporated milk and broth. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Add sausage and beans. Heat through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Review This Recipe
This was a wonderful recipe, although it was a bit thick for my liking. I stretched this recipe by adding an additional can of chicked broth as well as can of beans. Being weight conscience I used fat free evaporated milk and a pound of ground turkey then added my own spices for a little kick.....I will make this again....and again.
Read More Reviews