A bowl of this incredible Tuscan-Style Sausage and White Bean Soup makes a great evening meal. The cannellini beans provide its wonderful texture. To enjoy its true Italian flavor, drizzle it with some olive oil and serve it warm.
- 1/2 to 1 lb. mild Italian sausage, casings removed, cooked, drained and crumbled
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 can (14.5 fl. oz.) chicken broth
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) cannellini (white kidney) beans, undrained
- Ground black pepper
MELT butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 to 2 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in flour. Gradually stir in evaporated milk and broth. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Add sausage and beans. Heat through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Review This Recipe
Quick, easy and good
I like to take homemade soup to work but often I don't get started on it as soon as I would like. This goes together quickly and tastes so good with whole wheat bread or corn muffins.
Read More Reviews