A 'coffee cake' in the most literal sense of the term, this java-infused Upside-Down Apple Coffee Cake is a treat that is embellished with some excellent flavors and a delicious topping.
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 cups all-purpose baking mix
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup Original NESTLÉ COFFEE-MATE Liquid Coffee Creamer
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 tablespoon NESCAFÉ TASTER'S CHOICE House Blend 100% Pure Instant Coffee Granules
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- APPLE TOPPING
- 1 package (12 ounces) STOUFFER'S Harvest Apples, defrosted*
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Lightly grease 9-inch-round cake pan.
COMBINE brown sugar, nuts, flour and butter in small bowl; mix well. Sprinkle over bottom of prepared cake pan. Stir together baking mix, granulated sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl. Combine Coffee-mate, oil, egg, water, coffee granules and vanilla extract in small bowl; stir into baking mix mixture. Pour over nut mixture in cake pan.
BAKE for 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Run knife around edge to loosen side; invert onto serving platter. Top with Apple Topping.
FOR APPLE TOPPING:
COMBINE harvest apples, brown sugar, nuts and butter in medium skillet. Cook over medium heat until warm.
*DEFROST harvest apples in microwave on MEDIUM (50%) power for 6 to 7 minutes.
Review This Recipe
Upside-Down Apple Coffee Cake
I always make pineapple upside down cakes for bake sales. This recipe is different and good and definitely one for fall or anytime.
Read More Reviews