Whether you’re hosting a family gathering or a festive party, this Upside-Down Chocolate Cream Cheese Cake will be a mouth-watering dessert sure to please all your guests! A 1st Prize winning recipe created by Jean Beatty of Leechburg, PA.
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- 1 pkg. (18.25 oz.) chocolate cake mix
- * Eggs, oil and water as called for in cake mix directions
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Line bottom of 13 x 9-inch baking pan with wax paper or parchment paper. Grease paper and sides of pan. Sprinkle morsels, nuts and coconut evenly on bottom of pan.
PREPARE cake mix according to package directions. Carefully spoon batter over ingredients in prepared pan.
HEAT cream cheese and butter in medium saucepan over medium-low heat until melted (mixture may not appear smooth). Stir in powdered sugar until smooth. Drizzle mixture over cake batter.
BAKE for 45 to 55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center of chocolate portion comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes. Invert onto wire rack. Carefully remove paper. Cool completely. Carefully transfer to serving platter.
* Nutritional analysis based on ingredients for standard chocolate cake mix: 3 eggs, 1/2 cup vegetable oil and 1 1/3 cups water. If different, make recipe according to ingredients stated on cake mix box.
Review This Recipe
This cake was so easy to make and so good to go down. The taste reminds me of German Sweet Chocolate Cake, but a lot shorter time to make it. Try it you'll really like it.
Read More Reviews