Vanilla & Chocolate Swirl Cupcakes
Whether you’re baking for a group of kids or an upscale party, cupcakes are a universal favorite. Vanilla and chocolate swirl together in these cupcakes to make a beautiful and delicious combination. Top them with pearlized sprinkles to complete the elegant look.
Read more about how this cupcake was created for a special birthday on the Nestlé Kitchens blog.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels, divided
- 1 container (16 ounces) prepared vanilla or white frosting
- Pearlized or candy sprinkles (optional)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
COMBINE flour, baking powder and salt in large bowl; stir well.
BEAT sugar and butter in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla extract. Gradually beat in flour mixture alternately with milk until thoroughly combined. Spoon evenly into prepared cups, filling 2/3 full.
MELT ¼ cup morsels in microwave-safe bowl; stir until smooth. Drop about a teaspoon of chocolate into each filled cup and swirl gently with tip of knife.
BAKE for 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cupcake comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
MELT remaining ¼ cup morsels. Spoon some frosting into a piping bag; top with a spoonful of melted chocolate. Pipe onto cupcakes, refilling bag as needed with additional frosting and chocolate. Garnish with sprinkles.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
love the recipe
I love this recipe so much! We made it with my friends and It's tasty , even my friends loved the taste of it.
Serving Size: 1/12 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 400
- Calories from Fat: 160
- Total Fat: 18g (27% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 8g (40% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 60mg (20% of DV)
- Sodium: 190mg (8% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 57g (19% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 0g (0% of DV)
- Sugars: 42g
- Protein: 4g
- Vitamin A: 6% of DV
- Vitamin C: 0% of DV
- Calcium: 6% of DV
- Iron: 6% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.