A Publish My Bliss recipe contest winning entry from Darleen Laningham.
“Embracing daily life with family, and enjoying good food, lively conversation and fantastic music that calms, renews and colors my world is what my life is all about. I’m thrilled and honored to have my recipe selected and be associated with Coffee-mate® natural bliss® and Claire Robinson.”
- BREAD PUDDING
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup Vanilla Flavor NESTLÉ COFFEE-MATE NATURAL BLISS All-Natural Coffee Creamer
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- VANILLA SAUCE
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup Vanilla Flavor NESTLÉ COFFEE-MATE NATURAL BLISS All-Natural Coffee Creamer
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Spray 13 x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
FOR BREAD PUDDING:
BREAK French bread into small pieces; place into prepared pan.
MELT butter or margarine. Pour over bread.
COMBINE sugar, eggs and vanilla extract in large bowl. Add cream, half-and-half and Coffee-mate; mix well. Pour over bread pieces.
BAKE for 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Sprinkle with ground cinnamon.
FOR VANILLA SAUCE:
COMBINE butter or margarine, brown sugar, granulated sugar, cream and Coffee-mate in small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until mixture thickens and comes to a full boil. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla extract.
SERVE warm with bread pudding.