Vanilla Cinnamon Custard with Abuelita Sauce is an elegant dessert option that is rich with chocolate flavors. An optional addition of coffee liqueur adds extra dimension to the sauce. Great for entertaining.
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 can (14 ounces) NESTLÉ LA LECHERA Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 6 large egg yolks
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Hot water
- 3 tablets (90 g each) NESTLÉ ABUELITA Authentic Mexican Hot Chocolate Drink
- 1/4 cup NESTLÉ CARNATION Evaporated Milk or cream
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur (optional)
PREHEAT oven to 325° F.
PLACE evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks, eggs, vanilla extract and cinnamon in blender; cover. Blend until smooth. Pour evenly into eight 6-ounce custard cups. Place custard cups in 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Pour hot water in pan to 1-inch depth.
BAKE for 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center of one custard comes out clean. Remove to wire racks to cool. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
PLACE Abuelita chocolate and evaporated milk in small saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring frequently, until chocolate is melted and texture is smooth; remove from heat and stir in coffee liqueur. Serve sauce with custard.