This elegant Veal Milanese dish features a contemporary--and mouth-watering--presentation of a classic Italian favorite.
Created by Chef Michael Chiarello
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup (1.5 ounces) BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 6 (about 12 ounces total) veal cutlets, pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
- 1 container (15 ounces) BUITONI Refrigerated Vodka Sauce
- 4 cups arugula or baby spinach
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar or lemon juice
MIX bread crumbs, cheese, parsley, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper in small bowl; set aside.
COMBINE flour and remaining 1 teaspoon salt and remaining 1 teaspoon pepper on large plate. Coat veal cutlets lightly in flour mixture and dip in beaten eggs, allowing excess to drip off. Coat both sides of cutlets with bread crumb mixture.
HEAT sauce in small saucepan over low heat; keep warm.
HEAT 1/2 cup oil in large skillet over high heat. Reduce heat to medium; cook cutlets for 1 minute on each side until golden brown. Set on paper towels to drain.
TOSS arugula with remaining 2 tablespoons oil and vinegar.
SPOON sauce on platter and top with veal cutlets. Sprinkle with additional cheese, if desired; top with arugula.
Tip: May be served on individual plates or family style.
Review This Recipe
i think this dish is vey nice i tryed it at home and everyone was raving about how good it was. It was super duper ill definatly tell all my friends and fam aboput it
Read More Reviews