This Vegetable Florets with Cheddar Sauce recipe is a great way to trick your family into eating their veggies! Covered in a light and creamy cheese sauce this recipe can’t miss. Try adding garlic powder or other spices to intensify the flavors. Great for weeknight dinners and holiday meals with family.
- 2 cups (6 oz.) cauliflower florets
- 2 cups (6 oz.) broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 can (4 oz.) sliced mushrooms, drained
PLACE cauliflower, broccoli and water in large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Drain; remove vegetables from saucepan.
MELT margarine in same saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour. Add evaporated milk; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and is thickened. Add cheese; stir until melted. Stir in mushrooms; remove from heat. Stir in cauliflower and broccoli.
Review This Recipe
veg. florets with cheddar sauce
This dish was fantastic with the german schweinebraten (porkroast) that we just had as an early lunch. Now we can go on our Sunday walk!!
Read More Reviews