This Vegetable Florets with Cheddar Sauce recipe is a great way to trick your family into eating their veggies! Covered in a light and creamy cheese sauce this recipe can’t miss. Try adding garlic powder or other spices to intensify the flavors. Great for weeknight dinners and holiday meals with family.
- 2 cups (6 oz.) cauliflower florets
- 2 cups (6 oz.) broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 can (4 oz.) sliced mushrooms, drained
PLACE cauliflower, broccoli and water in large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Drain; remove vegetables from saucepan.
MELT margarine in same saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour. Add evaporated milk; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and is thickened. Add cheese; stir until melted. Stir in mushrooms; remove from heat. Stir in cauliflower and broccoli.
Review This Recipe
Needed some spicing
Our family found this a bit bland. Next time we'll substitute extra sharp cheese and add onion, garlic or maybe some celery seed.
Read More Reviews