This flavorful Vegetable Tortellini Soup pairs fresh veggies and herbs with whole wheat three cheese tortellini to create a flavorful addition to any lunch or dinner that will please family and friends. It's great alone as a light lunch, too!
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup sliced leek (white part only) or chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) low-sodium vegetable broth
- 3 cups water
- 1 large carrot, peeled and sliced into circles
- 1 large zucchini, cut in half lengthwise then sliced crosswise
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas or green beans
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1 package (9 ounces) BUITONI Refrigerated 100% Whole Wheat Three Cheese Tortellini or Spinach Cheese Tortellini
- 1/4 cup (0.75 ounce) BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese
HEAT oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add leek and celery; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 30 seconds. Add vegetable broth, water, carrot, zucchini, peas and 1 tablespoon parsley. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
ADD pasta; bring to a boil. Cook for 7 minutes. Season with ground black pepper. Top with remaining 1 tablespoon parsley and cheese before serving.