This hearty vegetarian chili features diced and chopped vegetables and beans. Add a dollop of sour cream or chopped herbs to dress it up even more. Be sure to make extra because it is sure to have people asking for more. It's great the next day too!
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup dry red wine or water
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) recipe-ready diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 MAGGI Vegetarian Vegetable Flavor Bouillon Cubes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) kidney or pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- Sour cream (optional)
COMBINE onion, bell pepper, celery, wine and garlic in large saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, for 6 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
ADD tomatoes and juice, water, tomato paste, boullion, cilantro, chili powder and cumin; stir well. Stir in beans. Bring to a boil; cover. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 45 minutes. Serve with sour cream.
FOR FREEZE AHEAD:
PREPARE as above; do not top with sour cream. Cool chili completely. Place in airtight container; freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in refrigerator.
HEAT in large saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 30 to 35 minutes or until heated through. Serve with sour cream.
Review This Recipe
Nice quick chili. We added vegetarian sausage (Gimme Lean) for an even heartier taste.
Read More Reviews