Vegetarian Chili with Cilantro is a delicious variation that you'll enjoy making. Top with a little sour cream before serving.
- 3/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 cup chopped red or green bell pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cans 14.5 ounces each recipe-ready diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 3 MAGGI Vegetable Flavor Bouillon Cubes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cans 15 ounces each pinto or kidney beans
- 1 scoop sour cream (optional)
PLACE wine, onion, bell pepper, celery and garlic in large skillet. Cook over medium-high heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
ADD tomatoes and juice, water, tomato paste, bouillon, cilantro, chili powder and cumin; stir well. Stir in beans. Bring to a boil; cover. Reduce heat; cook, stirring occasionally, for 45 minutes. Serve with sour cream.
Review This Recipe
I wanted a chili recipe without meat and I found this on Meals.com
so glad I did even
my husband who is
my critic like it.