Vegetarian Chop Suey
Vegetarian Chop Suey takes less than an hour to prepare and is packed full of deep Asian flavors and vegetables. The seitan, mentioned as an ingredient in the recipe, may be found in Asian grocery stores and is often used as a meat substitute.
- 2 cups water
- 2 to 3 tablespoons MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Cooking Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons MAGGI Seasoning Sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 1/2 ounces dried shiitake mushrooms
- 2 ounces dried black fungus
- 1 bean curd sheet
- 2 ounces Chinese seaweed
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 10 ounces gluten, cut into 1/4 x 1-inch sticks
- 1 pound cabbage, cut into 2-inch squares
- 4 cubes jarred preserved bean curd
- 10 ounces fried tofu cubes
- 3 green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 1/2 ounces blanched or dry roasted peanuts
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
SOAK mushrooms, fungus and bean curd sheet in warm water in large bowl until rehydrated. Soak seaweed in separate bowl. Drain. Remove mushroom stems; cut mushrooms in half or quarters. Coarsely chop fungus. Cut bean curd sheet into 1-inch pieces.
HEAT 2 teaspoons vegetable oil in wok or large skillet over high heat. Add gluten; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until browned. Remove from wok.
HEAT remaining 2 teaspoons vegetable oil in wok over high heat. Add cabbage, mushrooms, fungus, soaked bean curd, seaweed and preserved bean curd cubes; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until cabbage is tender. Add fried gluten, fried tofu, green onions, peanuts and soy sauce mixture. Reduce heat to medium-high; cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/8 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 320
- Calories from Fat: 180
- Total Fat: 20g (30% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 3g (14% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 0mg (0% of DV)
- Sodium: 630mg (26% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 26g (9% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 11g (42% of DV)
- Sugars: 6g
- Protein: 17g
- Vitamin A: 4% of DV
- Vitamin C: 35% of DV
- Calcium: 45% of DV
- Iron: 25% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.