These Vegetarian Fajitas feature a delicious and colorful combination of vegetables. Easy to make too! Serve in tortillas; top with a squeeze of lime juice.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, quartered and sliced
- 1 small red, green or yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) black, pinto or kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup whole-kernel corn
- 1/2 cup bottled salsa
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 (6-inch) fajita-size reduced-fat flour tortillas, warmed
- Lime wedges (optional)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
STIR in beans, corn, salsa, water, cumin, salt and oregano; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in cilantro.
SERVE in tortillas; top with a squeeze of lime juice.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Have made these many times now. VERY quick and easy too! I like them a little spicier, so I added some chili powder to mine as well. This is one of those "Longer it sets, the better it gets" recipes. Anything that can go in or onto a taco can be added to these. LOVE THESE!
Have made this several times and it always REALLY good! I added 1-11/2 teaspoons of cumin to mine as well-makes it taste a little more "Mexican". Am going to make this for "meatless Friday". Honestly, i think it is even bettter the next day!
I made this for dinner tonight and it was great, I am very much a meat lover but did not miss it at all in this dish. I took the advise of one of the other reviews and added avacado slices on the tortilla and then topped it off with the filling. This recipe is a keeper
Lots of colorful foods to this dish. Tastes excellent and very satisfying. Will definitely make this again. Stephanie, NC
This was embarrassingly easy to make and the filling's even better the next day.
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 270
- Calories from Fat: 50
- Total Fat: 6g (9% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 0g (0% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 0mg (0% of DV)
- Sodium: 840mg (35% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 45g (15% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 10g (39% of DV)
- Sugars: 6g
- Protein: 10g
- Vitamin A: 4% of DV
- Vitamin C: 30% of DV
- Calcium: 2% of DV
- Iron: 4% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.