These Vegetarian Fajitas feature a delicious and colorful combination of vegetables. Easy to make too! Serve in tortillas; top with a squeeze of lime juice.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, quartered and sliced
- 1 small red, green or yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) black, pinto or kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup whole-kernel corn
- 1/2 cup bottled salsa
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 (6-inch) fajita-size reduced-fat flour tortillas, warmed
- Lime wedges (optional)
HEAT oil in large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
STIR in beans, corn, salsa, water, cumin, salt and oregano; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in cilantro.
SERVE in tortillas; top with a squeeze of lime juice.
Review This Recipe
it's a thump up recipe
That was a delicious recipe all my family just loved it, actually it was the first recipe I made from this site and I think that I will keep cooking it every week.
Read More Reviews