This vegetarian soup is hearty enough to eat as a meal. Pumpkin blends in with the vegetables, black beans and broth to add extra nutrition and delicious flavor which creates a nourishing dish the entire family will enjoy.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 green onions (white and light green parts), thinly sliced (slice dark parts and set aside for later)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cans (15 oz. each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) no-salt added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14 fl. oz.) vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper or more to taste
HEAT oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add white and light green parts of green onions, bell pepper and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes or until soft. Stir in cumin and thyme; cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute. Add beans, pumpkin, tomatoes and juice, broth and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook for 10 minutes. Stir in salt and cayenne pepper. Top each serving with dark green onion tops.
Review This Recipe
This Is A "Keeper!"
Had to try it, out of curiosity! It's excellent! It's a thicker, hearty soup with lots of flavor, very easy to make, very tasty & very pretty! My husband felt it was a little on the sweet side - we just added a little extra cayenne pepper to counterbalance that & it was fantastic! I'd definitely make this again!
Read More Reviews