"Vegged-Out" Pumpkin & Black Bean Soup
This vegetarian soup is hearty enough to eat as a meal. Pumpkin blends in with the vegetables, black beans and broth to add extra nutrition and delicious flavor which creates a nourishing dish the entire family will enjoy.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 green onions (white and light green parts), thinly sliced (slice dark parts and set aside for later)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cans (15 oz. each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) no-salt added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14 fl. oz.) vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper or more to taste
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Vegged-out Pumpkin & Black Bean Soup
This is the most delicious soup we've enjoyed in a long time. It has become a favorite dish. Also it is very attractive. I don't always ahve vegetable broth around so it can be made with chicken broth. Be sure to stock up on Libby's pumpkin because super markets treat it as a seasonal product.
This Is A "Keeper!"
Had to try it, out of curiosity! It's excellent! It's a thicker, hearty soup with lots of flavor, very easy to make, very tasty & very pretty! My husband felt it was a little on the sweet side - we just added a little extra cayenne pepper to counterbalance that & it was fantastic! I'd definitely make this again!
Tasty and Healthy
I made this soup for lunch one day this week. My husband liked it a lot, he thought there was some kind of meat in it because it was so thick and hearty. We really enjoyed it.
Perfect for a cold day
It's simple: it's delicious and easy to make. I can see making this over and over.
Better than you might think!
Excellent soup. Very surprising. As others said, you can't taste the pumpkin - it only adds body to the soup. It needed that "something" so I added a heap. Tbsp of br sugar and a couple dashes of chili pwdr. Definitely making this again.
Serving Size: 1/8 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 140
- Calories from Fat: 20
- Total Fat: 2.5g (4% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 0g (0% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 0mg (0% of DV)
- Sodium: 270mg (11% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 23g (8% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 9g (36% of DV)
- Sugars: 4g
- Protein: 7g
- Vitamin A: 150% of DV
- Vitamin C: 45% of DV
- Calcium: 4% of DV
- Iron: 10% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.