A backyard barbecue is not complete without some flavorful vegetable skewers. Serve these veggies with a creamy, zesty sauce and your guests will be asking for more!
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 small red onion, peeled, halved and cut into thick wedges
- 2 medium yellow zucchini, cut in rounds
- 16 button mushrooms, cleaned
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 8 (10-inch) skewers
- 1/4 cup Original NESTLÉ COFFEE-MATE Liquid Coffee Creamer
- 15 basil leaves
- 2 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 6 ounces Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1 clove garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon guajillo chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaves
THREAD bell pepper, onion, zucchini, mushrooms and tomatoes onto skewers, alternating colors and tastes.
COMBINE Coffee-mate, basil, cream cheese, yogurt, blue cheese, garlic, guajillo powder and salt in a food processor; pulse until smooth. Place in a serving bowl; sprinkle with rosemary and set aside.
PREHEAT grill to medium-high. Brush skewers with olive oil. Grill, turning occasionally, for about 10 minutes or until marked and tender on all sides.
SERVE vegetables with yogurt dipping sauce.
NOTE: If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes before threading.