Vermicelli with Creamy Tomato Sauce
- 5 to 6 medium tomatoes, boiled and peeled
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound coiled fideos (nests of vermicelli)
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Tomato Bouillon
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ Media Crema
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated cotija cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro or parsley
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
HEAT oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add pasta; fry, stirring constantly, until golden. Remove pasta from saucepan, draining as much oil as possible back into saucepan; set pasta aside.
ADD tomato mixture to same saucepan; cook over medium heat for 10 to 12 minutes. Add water and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Add pasta; reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and pasta is tender. Add media crema; mix well until incorporated into pasta. Sprinkle with cheese and cilantro; serve immediately.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
This recipe is easy,tasty and quick.I cook this a lot.
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.