Vietnamese Oven-Baked Cornish Game Hens
This elegant Vietnamese Oven-Baked Cornish Game Hens recipe is a little extra work but the flavors are magnificent. This is ideal for a special occasion or entertaining.
- 3 Cornish game hens
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 1/4 cups dry white wine
- 1 cup MAGGI Seasoning Sauce
- 1 cup peeled, finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 8 cups water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 6 whole star anise pods
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinese five spice
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons MAGGI Seasoning Sauce
- Hot cooked rice
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
COMBINE wine, 1 cup seasoning sauce, ginger and shallots in large bowl. Place hens in marinade; mix well. Cover; refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
COMBINE water, sugar, star anise, cinnamon sticks, oyster sauce, Chinese five spice and pepper in large stockpot or Dutch oven. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
ADD hens to spice mixture; discard marinade. Cover; return to a boil. Turn off heat; let hens stand in hot liquid for 20 minutes to poach.
PREHEAT oven to 375° F. Line large baking pan with foil; grease thoroughly.
REMOVE hens from pot and air dry on paper towels.
MIX lemon juice, honey and 2 tablespoons seasoning sauce in small bowl until well combined. Brush mixture on both sides of hens. Place hens skin-side-up in prepared baking pan.
BAKE for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
SERVE with rice.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 450
- Calories from Fat: 210
- Total Fat: 24g (37% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 7g (33% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 170mg (57% of DV)
- Sodium: 1380mg (57% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 27g (9% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 0g (0% of DV)
- Sugars: 10g
- Protein: 30g
- Vitamin A: 4% of DV
- Vitamin C: 8% of DV
- Calcium: 4% of DV
- Iron: 15% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.