Vinaigrette Pasta Chicken Salad is a twist on a classic vinaigrette, one of the five basic sauces used in traditional cooking. This one uses a delicious Pesto with Basil Sauce. Combine with chicken or turkey to create a simple and delicious meal for family and friends.
- 1 package BUITONI Refrigerated Three Cheese Tortellini (9 oz.)
- 1 container BUITONI Refrigerated All Natural Pesto with Basil (7 oz.)
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 to 3 cups cooked chicken or turkey, cut into strips or cubes
- 1 1/2 cups sliced and halved zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
PREPARE pasta according to package directions; rinse in cold water and drain.
COMBINE pesto, vinegar, seasoned salt, sugar and pepper; mix well. Add chicken, pasta, zucchini and bell pepper. Toss well. Serve immediately or refrigerate.
Review This Recipe
Got a bit of broccoli in the 'fridge? Partial bag of shredded carrots? Three whole mushrooms? Slice 'em up and add 'em on! Great way to use up the 'little bits' of fresh veggies...
And it's even better the next day as left overs for lunch! Flavors are even better!
Vinaigrette pasta chicken salad
My family loves this, and we use 2 bags of tortellini. Very simple, doesn't heat up the kitchen and full of luscious flavor. A favorite.
Fast and Delicious
I think this is an excellent recipe. I use two packages of tortellini to one pesto sauce. It is super easy and fast ! You can even leave out the chicken and serve as a side dish or vegetarian entree.