Walnut Crunch Pumpkin Pie features a crispy-candied layer of walnuts on top of a delicious creamy pumpkin pie. This makes an elegant version of a traditional holiday dessert.
- 1 9-inch deep-dish pie shell, unbaked
- 1 1/4 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
PREHEAT oven to 425° F.
COMBINE walnuts and brown sugar in small bowl. Place 3/4 cup nut-sugar mixture on bottom of pie shell. Combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, granulated sugar, eggs, pumpkin pie spice and salt in medium bowl; mix well. Pour into pie shell.
BAKE for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° F.; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.
COMBINE butter and remaining nut-sugar mixture; stir until moistened. Sprinkle over cooled pie. Broil about 5 inches from heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbly. Cool before serving.
Review This Recipe
Pumpkin Crunch Pie
This pie was an excellent variation and tasted wonderful with whipped cream.
Read More Reviews