Walnut Crunch Pumpkin Pie features a crispy-candied layer of walnuts on top of a delicious creamy pumpkin pie. This makes an elegant version of a traditional holiday dessert.
- 1 9-inch deep-dish pie shell, unbaked
- 1 1/4 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
PREHEAT oven to 425° F.
COMBINE walnuts and brown sugar in small bowl. Place 3/4 cup nut-sugar mixture on bottom of pie shell. Combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, granulated sugar, eggs, pumpkin pie spice and salt in medium bowl; mix well. Pour into pie shell.
BAKE for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° F.; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.
COMBINE butter and remaining nut-sugar mixture; stir until moistened. Sprinkle over cooled pie. Broil about 5 inches from heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbly. Cool before serving.
Review This Recipe
I loved the pie and everything but when I made it last year for Thanksgiving, the walnuts just fell off when i was eating it and cutting it. I'm trying it this year but putting the walnuts on top while it bakes. Other than that, this is truly the best way to eat pumpkin pie, with sugared walnuts for crunch!
Read More Reviews