Walnut and Parsley Sauce with Crab Ravioli has both sophisticated flavors and a simple preparation. After cooking ravioli, this delicious sauce comes together so easily using a food processor or blender. Top with additional walnuts and serve alongside your favorite wine.
- 1 package (8 3/4 ounces) BUITONI Riserva Refrigerated Crab Ravioli
- 1 large bunch Italian flat leaf parsley, rinsed well
- 1 cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped, divided
- 4 to 6 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
PREPARE pasta according to package directions; drain and reserve ½ cup pasta water.
PLACE parsley, ¾ cup nuts, garlic and lemon peel in food processor. Pulse 6 to 8 times or until nuts are finely chopped. With processor running, slowly add oil to blend. Add ¼ to ½ cup reserved pasta water to thin sauce, if desired. Season with salt and pepper.
TOSS pasta and sauce. Sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup nuts.
NOTE: To toast walnuts, place on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated 350° F oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.