Warm and steamy mocha pudding cake topped off with fluffy whipped cream and seasonal berries speaks the language of elegance and taste.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 4 tablespoons NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa, divided
- 2 tablespoons NESCAFÉ TASTER'S CHOICE House Blend 100% Pure Instant Coffee Granules, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 5 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Fresh assorted berries (optional)
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease 8-inch-round cake pan.
COMBINE flour, 1/2 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa, 1 tablespoon coffee granules, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Beat milk, butter, egg and vanilla extract in medium bowl until blended. Add flour mixture; stir until combined. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
COMBINE remaining sugar, remaining cocoa and remaining coffee granules in small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over batter. Pour water evenly over batter.
BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes in pan on wire rack. Invert onto serving plate or serve from pan. Serve warm with whipped cream and berries.
Review This Recipe
warm mocha pudding cake
Simply Delicious. I reduced the sugar to 3/4 c. and the cake was moist, light and not too sweet.
Read More Reviews