Weeknight Chicken Curry
Weeknight Chicken Curry is a simple dish that's full of flavor and easy to prepare. This recipe is sure to top the list of must-have dinners. Serve over rice to make a heartier meal. Chopped fresh cilantro adds an extra flair as a garnish.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken tenders
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon peeled and grated ginger
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- Cooked brown rice (optional)
- Chopped fresh cilantro
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
ADD bell pepper, onion, curry powder, coriander and turmeric to same skillet; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 minutes. Stir in garlic and ginger; cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
ADD evaporated milk; stir to break up any brown bits on bottom of pan. Add cooked chicken with any juices that have accumulated to skillet along with peas. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve over rice; top with cilantro.
Cook’s Tip: If you prefer a thicker sauce, combine 1 teaspoon cornstarch with 1 tablespoon cool water and add with evaporated milk in skillet.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/5 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 220
- Calories from Fat: 45
- Total Fat: 5g (7% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g (8% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 65mg (22% of DV)
- Sodium: 160mg (7% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 17g (6% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 3g (10% of DV)
- Sugars: 11g
- Protein: 28g
- Vitamin A: 35% of DV
- Vitamin C: 120% of DV
- Calcium: 20% of DV
- Iron: 10% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.