Weeknight Waffle-wiches are a savory twist on a basic waffle, featuring an easy cheese sauce, ham and bacon. Perfect for breakfast or brunch.
- 12 slices turkey bacon, cooked, divided
- 6 slices thinly-sliced deli ham (about 4 oz.), divided
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk, divided
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 cups plus 1 teaspoon all-purpose baking mix (such as BISQUICK®), divided
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
WHISK together remaining evaporated milk, water, remaining 1/2 cup cheese, egg and mustard in medium bowl. Stir remaining 3 cups baking mix into milk mixture until well blended.
PREHEAT Belgian waffle maker• according to manufacturer’s directions. Pour about 1 1/4 cups batter onto waffle maker. (This amount is enough for a square or round waffle maker.) Cook according to manufacturer’s directions. Repeat with remaining batter. Keep cooked waffles warm in oven.
SPREAD 2 tablespoons cheese sauce evenly over one side of 6 waffle squares. Place 2 slices of bacon and 1 slice of ham on cheese sauce on each. Top with second waffle to make waffle-wiches.
• Can also be cooked in a standard waffle maker (makes about 18 standard-sized waffles).
• Waffles can be made ahead and frozen.
BISQUICK® is a registered trademark of General Mills, Inc.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
it was quick and easy
where is the pancake syrup
Pancake syrup and ground cinnamon on waffle . a new way to eat a waffle sandwich.
better than a regular sandwich
These waffles are a real wow!
Yes, these are really great! Way better than a regular sandwich. You can even use the low-fat nutritionous waffles in the freezer. Thanks for this one!
These waffles turned out to be such an easy, quick supper (or breakfast)!! With fussy eaters it was easy to get them psyched for dinner!
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 580
- Calories from Fat: 290
- Total Fat: 32g (49% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 16g (80% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 120mg (40% of DV)
- Sodium: 1720mg (72% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 44g (15% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 1g (4% of DV)
- Sugars: 7g
- Protein: 26g
- Vitamin A: 8% of DV
- Vitamin C: 0% of DV
- Calcium: 50% of DV
- Iron: 20% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.