Weeknight Waffle-wiches are a savory twist on a basic waffle, featuring an easy cheese sauce, ham and bacon. These creative sandwiches are perfect for breakfast or brunch and are sure to be a hit with the whole family.
- 12 slices turkey bacon, cooked, divided
- 6 slices thinly-sliced deli ham (about 4 oz.), divided
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk, divided
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 cups plus 1 teaspoon all-purpose baking mix (such as BISQUICK®), divided
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
COMBINE 3/4 cup evaporated milk, 1 1/2 cups cheese and 1 teaspoon baking mix in small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until cheese is melted and sauce has slightly thickened to a creamy consistency. Remove from heat; cover.
WHISK together remaining evaporated milk, water, remaining 1/2 cup cheese, egg and mustard in medium bowl. Stir remaining 3 cups baking mix into milk mixture until well blended.
PREHEAT Belgian waffle maker• according to manufacturer’s directions. Pour about 1 1/4 cups batter onto waffle maker. (This amount is enough for a square or round waffle maker.) Cook according to manufacturer’s directions. Repeat with remaining batter. Keep cooked waffles warm in oven.
SPREAD 2 tablespoons cheese sauce evenly over one side of 6 waffle squares. Place 2 slices of bacon and 1 slice of ham on cheese sauce on each. Top with second waffle to make waffle-wiches.
• Can also be cooked in a standard waffle maker (makes about 18 standard-sized waffles).
• Waffles can be made ahead and frozen.
BISQUICK® is a registered trademark of General Mills, Inc.
Review This Recipe
These waffles turned out to be such an easy, quick supper (or breakfast)!! With fussy eaters it was easy to get them psyched for dinner!
Read More Reviews