Weeknight Waffle-wiches are a savory twist on a basic waffle, featuring an easy cheese sauce, ham and bacon. These creative sandwiches are perfect for breakfast or brunch and are sure to be a hit with the whole family.
- 12 slices turkey bacon, cooked, divided
- 6 slices thinly-sliced deli ham (about 4 oz.), divided
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk, divided
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 cups plus 1 teaspoon all-purpose baking mix (such as BISQUICK®), divided
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
COMBINE 3/4 cup evaporated milk, 1 1/2 cups cheese and 1 teaspoon baking mix in small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until cheese is melted and sauce has slightly thickened to a creamy consistency. Remove from heat; cover.
WHISK together remaining evaporated milk, water, remaining 1/2 cup cheese, egg and mustard in medium bowl. Stir remaining 3 cups baking mix into milk mixture until well blended.
PREHEAT Belgian waffle maker• according to manufacturer’s directions. Pour about 1 1/4 cups batter onto waffle maker. (This amount is enough for a square or round waffle maker.) Cook according to manufacturer’s directions. Repeat with remaining batter. Keep cooked waffles warm in oven.
SPREAD 2 tablespoons cheese sauce evenly over one side of 6 waffle squares. Place 2 slices of bacon and 1 slice of ham on cheese sauce on each. Top with second waffle to make waffle-wiches.
• Can also be cooked in a standard waffle maker (makes about 18 standard-sized waffles).
• Waffles can be made ahead and frozen.
BISQUICK® is a registered trademark of General Mills, Inc.
Review This Recipe
This is a great idea, my grandma always made waffles and bacon for supper so its nice seeing it here too. I made this with my new waffle iron and could eat it every night.
Read More Reviews