"Wheely" Easy Mac & Cheesy
A fun and easy twist on the always popular macaroni and cheese, this "Wheely" Easy Mac & Cheesy recipe features an added touch of nutritious veggies mixed in velvety cheese sauce. Learn more about this recipe at the Nestlé Kitchens blog.
- 2 cups (8 oz.) dry wagon wheel or rotelle pasta
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame (shelled soybeans)
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 2 cups (8-oz. pkg.) shredded Monterey Jack and cheddar cheese blend or other cheese blend
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
MEANWHILE, COMBINE evaporated milk, cheese, garlic powder and black pepper in medium saucepan. Cook over medium low heat, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted. Remove from heat.
ADD pasta and edamame to cheese sauce; stir until combined. Add tomatoes; stir gently until combined.
• Look for edamame in the frozen food or organic section of your local store.
• Frozen peas can be used in place of edamame.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Fisrt made this when our Pastor and his kids came over. The kids (big and small) wheely liked it. Made it for the family tonight. Had some garlic bread with it. Everyone liked it. When kids are coming over it would be a wheely great meal to make up.
wheely Tasty Mac & Cheese
Was very tasty. I made it again but this time I added a little more cheese and bacon to it.
Delicious and Easy
hey I've been looking for a replacement for buying Mac and Cheese boxes. Ladies I've found it. This is an easy no fuss, delicious recipe to follow and use. Try it!
fast and we loved it my grand son who is 4 ia picky ate it so it will be a keeper in this house
Wheeley lovin' it!
My family is hard to please but this dish was a big hit! I had to double the recipe for my family of 7. I couldn't find edamame already shelled, but the kids didn't mind shelling 2 bags if they got to snack on them inbetween!
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 560
- Calories from Fat: 230
- Total Fat: 26g (40% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 15g (75% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 80mg (27% of DV)
- Sodium: 400mg (17% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 56g (19% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 3g (12% of DV)
- Sugars: 13g
- Protein: 32g
- Vitamin A: 15% of DV
- Vitamin C: 10% of DV
- Calcium: 70% of DV
- Iron: 15% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.