A finalist in the Nestlé Kitchens Pie Recipe Contest, this White Chocolate-Mascarpone Key Lime Pie is sure to be a family favorite. Lisa Speer uses NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels and NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk to create a creamy and tart Key Lime flavor. Learn more about this pie and the other recipe finalists on our blog.
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels
- 1 can (14 ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk or NESTLÉ LA LECHERA Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh or bottled key lime juice*
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- Whipped topping or sweetened whipped cream for serving (optional)
- Toasted flaked coconut and lime slices for garnish (optional)
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Combine graham cracker crumbs, butter and granulated sugar in a large bowl; stir until well mixed. Press into a 9-inch glass pie plate to form crust. Bake for 10 minutes; transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.**
PLACE morsels in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) power for 30-second intervals until melted, stirring after each interval. Stir until smooth. Combine morsels with sweetened condensed milk, mascarpone, lime juice and lime zest; whisk or beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Pour into cooled crust; smooth top. Refrigerate at least 4 hours. (Optionally, place in freezer for 15 minutes just before serving). Slice pie into 8 wedges. Serve with dollops of whipped topping or whipped cream. Garnish with toasted coconut and lime slices, if desired.
*Fresh (not bottled) Persian lime juice may be substituted.
**1 prepared 9-inch (6 oz.) graham cracker crust may be substituted if desired.