Whole Grain Apricot Scones
Impress guests with these sophisticated apricot scones made with whole grain oats and whole wheat flour. Carnation® Nonfat Dry Milk helps keep these scones moist and tender and they can be made with different fruits such as currants, dried blueberries or cranberries.
• Excellent Source/High In: Vitamin A
• Good Source: Calcium, Fiber, Iron
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dry NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Instant Nonfat Dry Milk
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2/3 cup butter, cut into pieces, softened
- 1 cup (6-oz. pkg.) dried apricots, chopped
- 3 large eggs, divided
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
COMBINE 1 cup oats, whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, dry milk, brown sugar and baking powder in large bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in apricots. Stir in 2 eggs, just until blended. Do not over mix.
KNEAD dough 8 to 10 times on lightly floured surface. Pat into 9-inch circle and place on prepared baking sheet. Score top into 12 wedges with knife. Combine remaining egg and water in small bowl. Brush egg mixture over top of dough; sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons oats over dough.
BAKE for 18 to 20 minutes or until edges are golden and wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on baking sheet on wire rack for 10 minutes. Break or cut scones apart at scored lines. Serve warm. Store any remaining tightly covered.
• 1 cup golden raisins, dried cranberries, dried blueberries or 1/2 cup currants can be substituted for the apricots.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/12 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 290
- Calories from Fat: 110
- Total Fat: 12g (18% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 7g (35% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 75mg (25% of DV)
- Sodium: 210mg (9% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 40g (13% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 3g (12% of DV)
- Sugars: 18g
- Protein: 7g
- Vitamin A: 20% of DV
- Vitamin C: 0% of DV
- Calcium: 10% of DV
- Iron: 10% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.