Whole-Grain Pie Crust with LIBBY’S® Famous Pumpkin Pie Filling
Get the traditional pumpkin pie taste without using the same, traditional crust. Try substituting your regular pie crust with this whole-grain crust, and LIBBY’S® Famous Pumpkin Pie Filling, for a guilty-free way to enjoy that extra slice of pie!
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats, finely ground
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 to 3 tablespoons very cold water
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- Whipped cream or topping (optional)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
COMBINE flour, ground oats, sugar and salt in medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle with water; blend together with a fork until mixture holds together.
SHAPE dough into ball; place on lightly floured sheet of wax paper. Top with additional piece of wax paper; roll out dough to 1/8-inch thickness. Remove top sheet of wax paper and invert dough into 9-inch deep-dish (4-cup volume) pie plate; slowly peel away wax paper. Trim excess crust. Turn edge under; crimp as desired.
MIX sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
POUR into pie shell.
BAKE in preheated 425º F oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° F; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Top with whipped cream or topping before serving.
• Substitute whole-wheat pastry flour for a finer textured, flakier pie crust.
• Oats can be finely ground in a food processor or blender.
• 1 3/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice may be substituted for the cinnamon, ginger and cloves; however, the taste will be slightly different.
• Do not freeze, as this will cause crust to separate from the filling.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
What a pie
Serving Size: 1/8 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 300
- Calories from Fat: 110
- Total Fat: 13g (20% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 8g (40% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 90mg (30% of DV)
- Sodium: 410mg (17% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 40g (13% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 4g (16% of DV)
- Sugars: 26g
- Protein: 8g
- Vitamin A: 140% of DV
- Vitamin C: 0% of DV
- Calcium: 15% of DV
- Iron: 6% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.