You'll love the flavors in these Whole Wheat Blueberry Pancakes. Ready in less than 30 minutes, they'll add a festive air to brunch or breakfast. Serve warm with syrup or other favorite topping.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup dry NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Instant Nonfat Dry Milk
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Nonstick cooking spray
COMBINE whole wheat flour, dry milk, brown sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Combine water, eggs and oil in small bowl. Add to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened; batter may be lumpy. Gently stir in blueberries.
SPRAY griddle or large skillet with nonstick spray. Heat over medium heat. Pour 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle and spread into 4-inch wide circle. Cook until bottom is lightly brown and bubbles begin to burst, 1 to 2 minutes. Turn and continue cooking for 1 to 2 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve warm with syrup or other favorite topping.
• Frozen blueberries can be substituted for fresh. Do not allow blueberries to thaw.
• Fresh raspberries or chopped banana can be substituted for blueberries.