Fresh lemon juice adds zest to this healthy, easy to prepare Whole-Wheat Couscous Salad. Just 90 calories per serving.
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat couscous
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup halved cherry or pear tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced and quartered cucumber
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley and/or sliced green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
COMBINE water and bouillon in small saucepan. Bring to a boil; remove from heat. Stir in couscous. Cover; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork.
TRANSFER couscous to medium bowl; stir in lemon juice and oil. Add tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, parsley and black pepper; toss lightly. Serve immediately or refrigerate.