Whole-Wheat Dark Chocolate Zucchini Brownies
Whole-Wheat Dark Chocolate Zucchini Brownies are delicious and the grated zucchini adds tremendous flavor and texture dimensions.
- 1 cup white whole-wheat flour
- 1/3 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Dark Chocolate Morsels, divided
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini (about 3 medium)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
COMBINE flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in medium bowl.
MELT ¾ cup morsels in large, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Stir in oil, brown sugar, granulated sugar, egg whites and vanilla extract. Stir in flour mixture; fold in zucchini. Spread into prepared pan. Sprinkle remaining ¼ cup morsels over top.
BAKE for 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out slightly sticky. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Lift brownies from pan; cut into 16 squares. Store in airtight container for up to 5 days.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Whole Wheat Dark Chocolate Brownie
Excellent! So intensely chocolately,cakey and rich. A great option for lovers of a dense cakey brownie. I keep in the fridge and they get even better after a day or too.
So moist & delicious and I love that my kids have no idea there's zucchini in them. :)
OMG, these brownies were amazing! Thanks for sharing!
Serving Size: 1/16 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 180
- Calories from Fat: 80
- Total Fat: 9g (14% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 3.5g (17% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 0mg (0% of DV)
- Sodium: 170mg (7% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 22g (7% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 2g (9% of DV)
- Sugars: 19g
- Protein: 2g
- Vitamin A: 0% of DV
- Vitamin C: 4% of DV
- Calcium: 2% of DV
- Iron: 4% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.