These moist pumpkin muffins are packed with whole wheat flour. The brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice topping makes these yummy muffins extra special!
• Good Source: Vitamin A
• Made with 100% whole grains
See nutrition facts for saturated fat content
- 2 1/4 cups white whole-wheat flour
- 3/4 cup dry NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Instant Nonfat Dry Milk
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar, divided
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin 15 oz.
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup water
PREHEAT oven to 375° F. Grease or paper-line 18 muffin cups.
COMBINE flour, dry milk, 1 cup brown sugar, 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice and baking powder in large bowl. Mix pumpkin, butter, eggs and water in small bowl. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Spoon into prepared muffin cups, filling 2/3 full.
COMBINE remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice in small bowl. Sprinkle 1 heaping teaspoon over each muffin.
BAKE for 18 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 5 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool. Serve warm. Store any remaining tightly covered.