Whole Wheat Ravioli with Ratatouille features a delicious combination of sautéed squash, diced eggplant, roasted red peppers and zucchini in a rich marinara sauce with fresh basil as an extra accent. Elegant and easy, this dish is great for entertaining or special family occasions.
- 1 package (9 ounces) BUITONI Refrigerated 100% Whole Wheat Four Cheese Ravioli
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large yellow squash, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
- 2 small zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
- 1 1/3 cups diced eggplant
- 1/2 cup diced roasted red peppers
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup BUITONI Refrigerated Marinara Sauce
- 3 tablespoons sliced fresh basil
- BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan or Romano Cheese (optional)
PREPARE pasta according to package directions.
HEAT oil in large, nonstick skillet over high heat until very hot. Add squash, zucchini and eggplant; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Add red peppers, onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for an additional 2 minutes. Add broth, sauce and basil; reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Toss pasta with sauce. Top with cheese; season with ground black pepper, if desired. Serve immediately.