Whole-Wheat Spinach Ricotta Quiche Cups are a delightful and impressive twist on traditional quiche. Whole-wheat tortillas are used to create individual crusts that are filled with a delicious combination of chopped spinach and cheeses. For another variation add finely chopped ham. Perfect for your next brunch or baby shower. Share this great recipe with friends.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 package (10 oz.) whole-wheat 6-inch tortillas
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 1 cup egg substitute or 4 large eggs
- 1 cup chopped baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Spray 10, 2 1/2-inch muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray. Soften tortillas by heating in microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 10 seconds. Press tortillas into muffin cups to form quiche crusts.
WHISK evaporated milk, egg substitute, spinach, ricotta and Swiss cheeses, salt and pepper in medium bowl until blended. Spoon about 1/2 cup of mixture into prepared quiche bases, dividing evenly. Stir mixture frequently to evenly distribute ingredients.
BAKE for 30 to 35 minutes or until knife inserted near centers comes out clean and tortilla edges are lightly browned. Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Carefully remove quiches. Serve warm.
• 1/2 cup finely chopped ham maybe added to the milk mixture.
• Quiche cups can be made ahead and frozen. To reheat, place on baking sheet and bake in preheated 325º F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or, place in 2 to 4 quiche cups on microwave-safe plate and microwave on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 2 1/2 to 5 minutes or until hot.
Review This Recipe
This were a little tedious to make, but delicious!
I enjoyed this recipe but the group I made it for had a hard time figuring out how to eat it. They also thought it was a little too eggy for their taste. I'd say this would be good for a breakfast or brunch.
I am giving my daughter in law a baby shower and this looks like a great recipe to try.