Whole Wheat Tortellini with Italian Turkey Sausage & Peppers
Tortellini with Italian turkey sausage combined with garlic, roasted red peppers, basil and marinara sauce create a festive and tasty recipe that will impress family and friends.
- 1 package BUITONI Refrigerated Whole Wheat Three Cheese Tortellini (9 oz.)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup cooked and crumbled turkey Italian sausage
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sliced, roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup BUITONI Refrigerated Marinara Sauce (15 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons sliced fresh basil
- BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese (5 oz.)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
HEAT oil in large, nonstick skillet over medium heat; add sausage, garlic and crushed red pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute or until garlic starts to turn golden. Add broth, peppers, sauce and basil; cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Toss pasta with sauce. Top with cheese; serve immediately.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
This is a very simple dish to make and is very tasty, even my very picky husband loves it.
I will make this again! It is easy and everyone in my family LOVED it!
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 330
- Calories from Fat: 130
- Total Fat: 14g (22% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 3g (16% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 60mg (21% of DV)
- Sodium: 980mg (41% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 32g (11% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 4g (18% of DV)
- Sugars: 4g
- Protein: 18g
- Vitamin A: 30% of DV
- Vitamin C: 30% of DV
- Calcium: 10% of DV
- Iron: 15% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.