Winter Spice Scones
Warm up holiday mornings with the tender baked goodness of Winter Spice Scones. Drizzled with homemade spiced icing, these sweet scones are a perfect addition to breakfast gatherings!
- Parchment paper
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup Pumpkin Spice Flavor NESTLÉ COFFEE-MATE Liquid Coffee Creamer
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel or 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 3/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons Pumpkin Spice Flavor NESTLÉ COFFEE-MATE Liquid Coffee Creamer
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel or 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
COMBINE flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, salt and cloves in large mixer bowl or food processor bowl. Add butter; mix on low speed or process until mixture forms large, coarse crumbs the size of peas. Add Coffee-mate and orange peel; mix or process for a few more seconds just until moistened.
TURN the dough onto a lightly floured work surface and press together gently until the dough clings together in a ball. Pat into a circle about 3/4-inch thick and 6 inches in diameter. Cut into 8 wedges. Place wedges 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheet.
BAKE for 15 minutes or until golden on top.
COMBINE powdered sugar, Coffee-mate and orange peel in small bowl; stir until smooth. Drizzle over warm scones. Scones are best served warm but will hold for up to 2 days if stored in an airtight container.
NESTLÉ COFFEE-MATE Holiday Flavors are available late September through early January each year.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
I made these just yesterday and my entire family absolutely loved them! Simple to make and yet oh so delicious!
I am no pro by any means, and the idea of making scones intimidated me, but these were simple and delish! There were none left after my party! Tip - when you cut the dough into wedges, use a pizza cutter, it doesn't pull the corners like a knife does.
These scones are awesome! They are so moist and delicious. I get requests for my recipe everytime I take them somewhere!
its ok it was tangy and fresh even tho im a 98 year old with little taste buds left i still feel the coolness on my toung...its ok
I have never tasted these wonderful receipes in my life. Very Delicious...
Serving Size: 1/8 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 280
- Calories from Fat: 100
- Total Fat: 11g (18% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 5g (27% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 25mg (8% of DV)
- Sodium: 260mg (11% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 41g (14% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 1g (5% of DV)
- Sugars: 16g
- Protein: 3g
- Vitamin A: 6% of DV
- Vitamin C: 2% of DV
- Calcium: 8% of DV
- Iron: 8% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.