Warm up holiday mornings with the tender baked goodness of Winter Spice
Scones. Drizzled with homemade spiced icing, these sweet scones are a perfect
addition to breakfast gatherings!
- Parchment paper
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup Pumpkin Spice or Gingerbread Latte Flavor NESTLÉ COFFEE-MATE Liquid Coffee Creamer
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel or 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 3/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons Pumpkin Spice or Gingerbread Latte Flavor NESTLÉ COFFEE-MATE Liquid Coffee Creamer
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel or 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
PREHEAT oven to 425° F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
COMBINE flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, salt and cloves in large mixer bowl or food processor bowl. Add butter; mix on low speed or process until mixture forms large, coarse crumbs the size of peas. Add Coffee-mate and orange peel; mix or process for a few more seconds just until moistened.
TURN the dough onto a lightly floured work surface and press together gently until the dough clings together in a ball. Pat into a circle about 3/4-inch thick and 6 inches in diameter. Cut into 8 wedges. Place wedges 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheet.
BAKE for 15 minutes or until golden on top.
COMBINE powdered sugar, Coffee-mate and orange peel in small bowl; stir until smooth. Drizzle over warm scones. Scones are best served warm but will hold for up to 2 days if stored in an airtight container.
NESTLÉ COFFEE-MATE Holiday Flavors are available late September through early January each year.
Review This Recipe
Changing it up
DELICIOUS! The 1st time I made them they were good, but the 2nd time they turned out moist & wonderful. I made 1/2 size scones by making 2 balls from the dough, so they're more like "2-****" scones. I also used different flavors of the creamer - I tried the Vanilla Caramel one time (good) and then I tried Lucerne's Creme Brulee creamer - that was AMAZING! The 16oz creamer is just about perfect for 2 batches. Enjoy!!
Read More Reviews