Zesty Chicken and Rice Casserole
This Zesty Chicken and Rice Casserole is the perfect comfort food. It comes together quickly and will satisfy the whole family.
- 2 cups water
- 3 MAGGI Chicken Flavor Bouillon Cubes
- 3/4 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 cups cooked, chopped chicken breast meat (about 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves)
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeños
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
BRING water and bouillon to a boil in medium saucepan. Add rice and butter; cover. Reduce heat to low; cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until rice is almost tender and most of liquid is absorbed.
COMBINE prepared rice, chicken, cheese, evaporated milk, onion, eggs and cilantro in prepared casserole; stir well.
BAKE for 40 to 45 minutes or until bubbly and edges are golden.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
I like the other very similar recipe better with fresh jalapeno.
I added a small can of chopped green chiles and it made it even better, but I love the recipe either way...and so do my three kids!
Zesty Chicken and Rice casserole
I MADE THIS A FEW NIGHTS AGO,IT DID NEED A LITTLE SOMETHING.HAD A GOOD FLAVOR.I WILL TRY IT AGAIN, NEXT TIME I WILL ADD SOME VEGGIES TO IT.
Easy and delicious. My kids love this. I add mushrooms and brocoli as well as crushed croutons on top.
I made this last evening for dinner, but was disappointed. It seemed too dry. Needed more moisture. With more moisture, I think it would be delicious. Maybe I'll add a can of cream of chicken soup to it.
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 740
- Calories from Fat: 320
- Total Fat: 36g (55% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 21g (103% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 290mg (96% of DV)
- Sodium: 1370mg (57% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 41g (14% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 3g (12% of DV)
- Sugars: 10g
- Protein: 59g
- Vitamin A: 15% of DV
- Vitamin C: 2% of DV
- Calcium: 70% of DV
- Iron: 20% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.