These Zucchini Boats Stuffed with Lentils are a unique way to serve a nutritious vegetable side dish. Cotija cheese and cilantro add freshness and tang for a delicious treat.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cooked lentils
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons MAGGI Seasoning Sauce
- 4 large zucchini, cut in half and flesh removed leaving skins intact
- 6 teaspoons crumbled Cotija cheese
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
HEAT 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until tender. Add lentils, tomato paste and seasoning sauce; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes or until heated through. Fill zucchini boats evenly with lentil mixture.
HEAT remaining 2 tablespoons oil in same skillet over medium-low heat. Add stuffed zucchini boats; cook for 10 minutes or until tender. Garnish each zucchini boat with cheese and cilantro; serve immediately.