This Zucchini-Corn Sauté is a four-vegetable medley that makes a colorful addition to just about any meal. It is especially enticing with grilled or broiled pork or lamb chops, or roasted chicken and turkey.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups (about 3 medium) sliced zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups loose-pack frozen whole-kernel corn
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
HEAT oil in large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add zucchini, onion, and crushed red pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in corn, tomato, and thyme; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through. Season with salt and ground black pepper, if desired.
Review This Recipe
Served this dish at my labor day barbeque and everyone really loved it. I just needed to add a little salt to bring out the flavors.
Delicious! One of the best zucchini recipes I've had.