Angel Hair Pasta With Fresh Tomatoes and Vegetables
Choose the freshest tomatoes, zucchini and squash to give this light and quick angel hair pasta dish a true taste of a summer afternoon in Italy.
- 1 package BUITONI Refrigerated Angel Hair Pasta (9 oz.), prepared according to package directions
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced and halved zucchini
- 1/2 cup sliced and halved yellow squash
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/3 cup BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese (5 oz.)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
TOSS pasta with sauce. Garnish with Parmesan cheese.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
It was a hit !
Simple, quick even for a novice...Great way to use those fresh vegetables from our garden! I first stir-fried in EVOO one can of shredded chicken breast with a medium onion-chopped, and a can of mushroom pieces--season salt to taste. Set this aside once heated. Add this into the vegetables at the 4 minute mark of the 5 minutes.
a very healthy and yummy meal
This is super easy! I used whole wheat noodles though to cut down on the sodium in the prepackaged noodles. I also added hamburger meat for protein (you could use chicken) and used canned tomatoes instead. My husband LOVES this dish!
Great for toddlers
Our 17 month old granddaughter ate this like it was her favorite food. It was quick, easy and very tasty for adults and children alike.
My husband can't get enough of this dish. My mother even requests it frequently! When I can't get good tomatoes, I use canned.
Wonderful side dish
I used halved grape tomatoes in this dish and substituted mozarella cheese for the parmesan. It was absolutely delicious along side a mushroomed chicken dish. I am going to try making it as a cold pasta salad with the veggies uncooked.
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 330
- Calories from Fat: 130
- Total Fat: 14g (22% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 40mg (13% of DV)
- Sodium: 210mg (9% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 40g (13% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 3g (13% of DV)
- Sugars: 3g
- Protein: 12g
- Vitamin A: 20% of DV
- Vitamin C: 30% of DV
- Calcium: 10% of DV
- Iron: 10% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.