Chicken Tortilla Stew
This creamy Chicken Tortilla Stew is loaded with South of the Border flavors and packs a spicy punch! Crunch up fresh tortilla chips as a delicious topping.
Feed your family twice-but only cook once! This recipe is already doubled. Just serve your family half and freeze the rest.
- 4 to 5 cooked, boneless, skinless chicken breast halves or 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded (about 6 cups)
- 3 cans (14 fl. oz. each) reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 cans (10 oz. each) mild red or green chili enchilada sauce
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 2 cups matchstick or shredded carrots
- 1 cup uncooked long or medium grain rice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 cups frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups broken tortilla chips
- Fresh cilantro leaves, sliced green onions (optional)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
SPOON into serving bowls; top each serving with tortilla chips, cilantro leaves and green onions, if desired.
• Different brands of enchilada sauce may have different heat levels. A hotter enchilada sauce can be used if a spicier stew is desired.
• Freeze half the stew for another meal. Thaw in refrigerator and reheat in microwave or on stovetop.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Best tortilla stew recipe!!!
I used my own enchilada sauce recipe instead of the canned sauced... simple delicious!!! :)
Chicken Tortilla Stew
This is a wonderful stew for a cold day.If you don't want it thick just add more broth.You can also make it as spicey as you want.I also put shredded cheese on top
Great recipe for the fall colder days. Very easy to make but I added a small can of diced green chiles to the recipe.
Chicken Tortilla Stew very nice
I didn't want the rice in the receipe so I cut the liquids by 1/2 and it turned out fine. I can see that it would take on different flavors with different sauces.
I've made this soup a few times since finding it and it was a huge hit everytime! I take the leftovers and put them in individual size containers then freeze them so my husband can take them to work as lunch on colder days. He loves it! We like to put the lime flavored tortilla chips in it...so good!
Serving Size: 1/9 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 310
- Calories from Fat: 60
- Total Fat: 7g (11% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 45mg (15% of DV)
- Sodium: 750mg (31% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 40g (13% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 3g (12% of DV)
- Sugars: 9g
- Protein: 20g
- Vitamin A: 170% of DV
- Vitamin C: 8% of DV
- Calcium: 15% of DV
- Iron: 10% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.