Cream of Chicken and Vegetable Soup
Cream of Chicken and Vegetable Soup is ready in less than 30 minutes and makes a great choice for a cold day or night.
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 package (16 oz.) frozen mixed vegetables, prepared according to package directions
- 2 (about 8 oz. total) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cooked and cubed
- 1 can (14.5 fl. oz.) chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
NOTE: For a lower-fat version of this recipe, substitute NESTLÉ CARNATION Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk and 1 can (14.5 fl. oz.) light or fat-free chicken broth. Proceed as above.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
this is an awsome recipie
wow best food in the WORLD i loved it and so did my family
Looking for something low in calorie and this one was it. So easy and simple to make no heading to the grocery store for ingredients. I added some diced potatoes to mine and instead of broth used chicken boullion cube with a cup of water thinking about using it for pot pie recipe. My husband loved it and wants me to make it more often.
My picky kids loved it
great soup but can be used for chicken and dumplings or chicken pot pie
My family enjoys this especially on a cold winter day. Everyone from Grandpa to grandkids come back for seconds. I always have the ingredients on hand, so its great for a fast lunch or dinner.
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 280
- Calories from Fat: 120
- Total Fat: 13g (20% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 8g (40% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 75mg (24% of DV)
- Sodium: 550mg (23% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 20g (7% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 3g (13% of DV)
- Sugars: 6g
- Protein: 19g
- Vitamin A: 80% of DV
- Vitamin C: 15% of DV
- Calcium: 20% of DV
- Iron: 8% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.