Grilled Chicken Sandwiches with Pesto Mayo (Lighter)
Savor the flavor with this recipe for Grilled Chicken Sandwiches with Pesto Mayo.
Perfect for tailgating, indoor entertaining, or even a weeknight family meal, these sandwiches offer a classy, yet casual approach to mealtime.
The unique and easy-to-prepare pesto spread creates an enticing alternative to the ordinary sandwich - delighting taste buds in every bite.
- 1 container BUITONI Refrigerated All Natural Reduced Fat Pesto with Basil (7 oz.), divided
- 8 (about 2 1/2 pounds total) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 8 ciabatta bread or French rolls, split horizontally
- 8 thin slices reduced fat provolone or other Italian cheese
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
SPREAD 3 tablespoons pesto over chicken breasts. Place remaining pesto and mayonnaise in blender; cover. Blend until smooth. Spoon into squeeze bottle or covered container and keep chilled until ready for use.
GRILL or broil chicken for 5 minutes over medium heat; turn over. Grill or broil for an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
SPREAD pesto mayo over bread; top with chicken and cheese. Add lettuce, sliced tomato and sliced red onion, if desired.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/8 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 530
- Calories from Fat: 220
- Total Fat: 24g (37% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 7g (35% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 110mg (36% of DV)
- Sodium: 960mg (40% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 31g (10% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 2g (7% of DV)
- Sugars: 3g
- Protein: 44g
- Vitamin A: 6% of DV
- Vitamin C: 2% of DV
- Calcium: 30% of DV
- Iron: 15% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.