Simple Risotto with Peas & Parmesan
This is a delicious change from your ordinary everyday rice for a wonderfully simple risotto dish. With a touch of lemon and the taste of fresh peas, this Simple Risotto with Peas and Parmesan side dish will make everyone ask for seconds.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup uncooked arborio rice
- 2 cups chicken broth or stock
- 1 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest (optional)
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup (about 1 oz.) finely shredded Parmesan cheese
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
STIR in broth and evaporated milk. Reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring frequently, for 20 to 25 minutes or until rice is tender but firm to the bite (mixture will be creamy and more stirring will be needed as it becomes thicker). Remove from heat; stir in peas and lemon zest, if desired. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately with Parmesan cheese.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
This. Is great and so easy!
Just whipped this up - and I used 1/2 cup of fat free milk instead of the 1 cup of evaporated. Really easy and tastes great!
Easy aand elegant!
This recipe is so easy to make and does not take very long at all. To rave reviews, I served it to dinner guests recently who thought that I had spent hours on it!
Just made this dish and my family loved it! It is SO easy and yummy! Only used a pinch of lemon though. Can't wait to share it with company.
Serving Size: 1/9 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 140
- Calories from Fat: 30
- Total Fat: 3.5g (5% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g (8% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 10mg (3% of DV)
- Sodium: 290mg (12% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 20g (7% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 2g (8% of DV)
- Sugars: 3g
- Protein: 5g
- Vitamin A: 2% of DV
- Vitamin C: 2% of DV
- Calcium: 10% of DV
- Iron: 0% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.