Slow Cooker Hawaiian Sweet Ribs
These Slow Cooker Hawaiian Sweet Ribs get their namesake from the apple juice, brown sugar and pineapple that is combined with the spare ribs and slow cooked all day. Serve with rice for a truly tropical experience.
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 2-inch piece of ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 pounds bone-in pork spare ribs, cut into 3-4 rib sections
- 1 cup apple juice
- 3 tablespoons MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 5 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks in juice, drained, juice reserved
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
MICROWAVE juice and pineapple juice in a medium microwave-safe bowl for 60 seconds.
WHISK bouillon and sugar into warmed juices until fully dissolved. Pour over ribs.
COOK on low for 7 to 8 hours or until meat is tender. Rotate bottom ribs to top using tongs once during cooking. One hour prior to serving, add in pineapple chunks.
SERVE with rice. Discard cooking liquid or drain fat and pour on top of ribs and rice.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 430
- Calories from Fat: 140
- Total Fat: 16g (24% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 5g (27% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 120mg (40% of DV)
- Sodium: 1360mg (57% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 34g (11% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 1g (5% of DV)
- Sugars: 30g
- Protein: 37g
- Vitamin A: 0% of DV
- Vitamin C: 35% of DV
- Calcium: 8% of DV
- Iron: 15% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.